I’ve had a few requests for my Advent playlist, so here it is. Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions on things to add!
- Favorite versions of O Come O Come Emmanuel:
Casting Crowns- this one is completely instrumental but has the band’s signature sound. I love it.
The Piano Guys- another instrumental version with cello and piano.
Enya- I’ve been an Enya fan since high school and I love the way this version mixes Latin and English.
BarlowGirl- I’ve also been a fan of these sisters since high school- bonus points for their adamantly pro-life stance.
- Light of the World by Lauren Daigle. This song is such a powerful song for Advent. We use it often in retreats and prayer services.
- Be Born in Me by Francesca Batestelli. For some reason I am having trouble creating a link for this one, but hopefully you can listen to this beautiful prayer from the point of view of Mary. I love the line “Make my heart your Bethlehem.”
- While You Were Sleeping by Casting Crowns. While this song definitely covers more seasons than just Advent, I really love the way the message connects to the world today.
- Come Thou Long Expected Jesus by Meredith Williams. So I found this song because of a comment on my Facebook page for Faith that works – thanks Greg and Sara! I learned this song with a completely different tune as a child, and I have to say that I like this tune much better. (It’s the same as Alleluia, Sing to Jesus!)
- Advent at Ephesus by the Benedictines of Mary Queen of the Apostles is a beautiful album for those who love the traditional hymns sung in a simple way.
Here’s the main songs on the playlist! I also have the O Antiphons on there too. Let me know of any I should add.
Most of the links in this post (all of the links to songs) are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link to purchase a song, I receive a small commission at no cost to you.